Tuesday, October 28, 2008

They're Cousins, Identical Cousins Just the Same!








cousin-noun Pronunciation [kuhz-uhn]
one related by descent in a diverging line from a known common ancestor, as from one's grandparent or from one's father's or mother's sister or brother.

i have several cousins on both my mother and father's side. i know each on sight and know at least one small minute fact about each one. however i probably know more the homeless guy jack likes to give donuts to than these people. shocking? probably, but still it's a fact. they don't anything about me either.

we did not grow up around either of my parents families and as such do not have any tie to most of these people. don't get me wrong, i would be very upset if anything happened to these relatives, but honestly there just is no relationship. there were never invitations to weddings or showers of any sort and truthfully why should there be. you wouldn't invite the strange neighbor down the street to a family BBQ why would you invite the strange cousin you've seen four times in your life to your wedding.

does it make me sad? yes. a little, no alot. however there's no going back and you cannot change the past.

i can't change the past for me, but i can ensure better future relationships for my children. i am proud to say that they not only know who there cousins are, they WANT to be around them and care for them deeply.

i know that doesn't change the fact that i should know and care more about my belly-dancing cousin or the one who just got married or the one who got married again, or the three who just had babies, or the two that really want a baby. it's just my way of making sure the past doesn't repeat itself.

blessings to you debbie, greg, michelle, michael, stephanie, andrew, aimee, heather, emilee, miranda, and alex

i hope your life is going well for you, i truly do.

cole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am glad that our children are close to each other. You do better at recognizing our cousins than I do. Have the time I think they are a stranger. Anyway, I am glad that our girls and boys love each other and need each other. Blessings to them!!

Also, I love the pictures!!

Bear

Indigo Children said...

me too :)

I hope they will always be close -- no matter where we live.

Summertime

Summertime
Beautiful batheing babes (and bubs)